Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Wetpixel members in Bali?

Started by Fontaine ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Wetpixel members in Bali?

7 posts
  1. Hey guys,

     

    Im just wondering if any of you UW photo enthusiasts are living in Bali.

     

    Would be nice to have someone to go on dives with, talk photography, have a few beers etc... My wife and I both love diving, we have two small kids and would love to meet up with some other like minded people. Anyways give me a buzz if your interested!! We have lots of friends in Bali but not many that share our passion for diving quite on the same level.

     

    We also love going to Ocean View resort in Tulamben and would love to do some more exploring.

     

    Cheers

     

    Fontaine

    Edited by Drew — Removed Commercial bits
  2. Well there's an unofficial group of WP members who go to On On in Sanur on occasion... why I don't know but they do. Quite a few WP members live in Bali or use it as a base.

     

    As an aside, when you say your wife is affiliated, does that mean she works there?

  3. You were in On On the other week Drew.. I saw you there!

    I use Bali as a base, or at least I have luggage in several peoples houses haha

    I will be there in a few days for a few days

  4. Only to meet you guys. Every time I meet Bevan, it always starts or ends at On On.

  5. Well there's an unofficial group of WP members who go to On On in Sanur on occasion... why I don't know but they do. Quite a few WP members live in Bali or use it as a base.

     

    As an aside, when you say your wife is affiliated, does that mean she works there?

     

    She helped him set the business up and would do free lance work for him but unfortunately it looks like DIB will be shutting down because they didnt have the correct "papers". Another victim of corrupt Indonesian bureaucracy. Its definitely a shame, hopefully he can work it out.

     

    Is On On a dive shop or a bar??

  6. Thanks for the replies Mike and Drew, im not in Bali at the moment, I work offshore and tend to be away a little more then id like to be, but ive got to make a living somehow...

     

    I should be back in a couple weeks, would be sweet to go diving or drinking!

  7. Mark Thorpe now lives in Bali. His Wetpixel handle is Camdiver

    Steve

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.