Hi,
I am a huge fan of Lightroom, and always wait until the official release, rather than being an unpaid guineapig of Mr. Adobe. I waste dan entire day dealing with the new update messing (and that is the polite word) with my catalogues. It froze and froze. I could hear something running on my computer, like a scan. Thinking it might be spyware, I scanned. I cleaned my registry, did a virus scan, yadayada. I optimized my catalogues, as they suggested after others complained. I actually deleted the preferences as they suggested, and it only deleted my registration of licence key, so I had to re-enter it. I finally removed 3.5, reinstalled 3.4.1, and I am now having difficulties with it as well. I am pretty convinced my catalogues are foo-barred. So, if you are using a Windows 7, 64 bit platform, be warned.
What a mess.
Cheers,
Marli