Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Making custom Sync Cords

Started by mo2vation ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Making custom Sync Cords

3 posts
  1. Hi

     

    Loving my Trigger Fishys and my Pixar set ups.

     

    Ready to start building some custom Synch cords. I've been soldering and building cables all my life - the skill set doesn't frighten me. Fixed plenty of underwater lights, etc, etc. All good there.

     

    Just looking for a source I can take my BOM to and go shopping.

     

    I'd rather not harvest off of bad cables - I'd rather buy a bag o' Nikonos fittings, a bag o' Ikelite fittings, a coil of jacketed cable and kinda get busy.

     

    Does anyone have a source for the fittings?

     

    Thanks

     

    -Ken

  2. Hi

     

    Loving my Trigger Fishys and my Pixar set ups.

     

    Ready to start building some custom Synch cords.

     

    I'd rather not harvest off of bad cables - I'd rather buy a bag o' Nikonos fittings, a bag o' Ikelite fittings, a coil of jacketed cable and kinda get busy.

     

    Does anyone have a source for the fittings?

     

    Thanks

     

    -Ken

     

    Ikelite USA does not supply the Nikonos camera fitting, but they do supply the strobe end fittings on their website. www.ikelite.com

     

    The Nikonos camera fitting with Delrin threads, not available in the USA is available at http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/ikesynccd.

     

    To make custom cords, I purchased used, but like new, 5 wire Sea & Sea to Nikonos or original Nikonos camera cords then cut off the wire at the strobe end and soldered a new Ikelite ICS bulkhead. The used strobe wires are cheaper than a new Nikonos camera fitting and shipping from the link above. Another plus with purchasing used strobe cords is that is one end of the cable you do not have to solder or worry with the connection.

     

    Best of luck,

    Barry

    www.bareports.com

    www.keywordworkflow.com

  3. Or you can buy an Ikelite to Nikonos cord p/n #4116.31 for less than buying a cable and replacing the end. And it even comes with a warranty.

     

    Jack

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.