The Canon 5D has a number of "Picture Style" presets, is there one that is best suited to UW video/photos?
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Best "Picture Style" for Canon 5D
Started by adrefs ·
- 8Posts
- 8Replies
Read-only discussion
Best "Picture Style" for Canon 5D
-
-
"m"

-
I think what Steve is trying to say is that most of us shoot RAW so we can process the images as each one requires. Sharpness, Contrast, Saturation and Color Tone can all be changed in a program like Lightroom and give you better results than shooting Jpegs and guessing at the settings you will like.
Cheers,
Steve
-
For video, I use Technicolor's Cinestyle. It's the flattest profile out there and they supply LUTs for color correction. The best for post work. You can download it.
Canon also supplies Picture Style Editor, which allows you to develop a look that's all your own.
-
I think what Steve is trying to say is that most of us shoot RAW so we can process the images as each one requires. Sharpness, Contrast, Saturation and Color Tone can all be changed in a program like Lightroom and give you better results than shooting Jpegs and guessing at the settings you will like.
Cheers,
Steve
Thanks, yours was a much better way to put it.
For video, I use Technicolor's Cinestyle. It's the flattest profile out there and they supply LUTs for color correction. The best for post work. You can download it.Canon also supplies Picture Style Editor, which allows you to develop a look that's all your own.
Thanks Drew. I already have Cinestyle loaded so that's a big help. So you just white balance at depth and away you go...?
-
Thanks, yours was a much better way to put it.
Thanks Drew. I already have Cinestyle loaded so that's a big help. So you just white balance at depth and away you go...?
Unsure at white balancing video but obviously one of the good things about shooting still raws is adjusting white balance after.
Which is funny because I don't see the need when you're shooting with strobes approximately at daylight temps.
And I don't understand why you'd buy something like a 5D and want to use settings

-
Thanks Drew. I already have Cinestyle loaded so that's a big help. So you just white balance at depth and away you go...?
No. Just leave it at Daylight. Easier to control.
-
No. Just leave it at Daylight. Easier to control.
Agree