Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

What material to use for a backdrop for pool shoots

Started by leighdu ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

What material to use for a backdrop for pool shoots

2 posts
  1. I was interested in trying to use some fabric for a backdrop in some of my pool shoots with models and i was wondering what material works well, and wont be ruined or run its colors after the first use.

     

    Here is a couple of my latest!

     

    Facebook-Buttons-98-44-.png

    post-33807-1318504022.jpg

    post-33807-1318504203.jpg

    Edited by leighdu
  2.  

     

     

    I bought sliding glass door curtains. I think they measured 5'x9' and came in packs of two or three. I had them professionally sown, and then hand glued, weights to them so they would not float or be pushed around by the pool jets. Total cost was around $35.

     

    I never encountered a problem with the fabric loosing color or bleeding. But I was also in a saline pool.

     

    There are a lot of different options you can use. Pool liners and plastic liners, fabrics, plexiglass, all will give you a different look to your image and should be experimented with.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.