Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Shrimp ID

Started by diver dave1 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Shrimp ID

3 posts
  1. The only shrimp I find in my book that is close to this is the Longtail Grass Shrimp, Periclimenes longicaudatus.

     

    Found at St Croix, USVI, 30 ft of water, on an anemone on a night dive.

    Anyone with a better ID on it?

     

    6248072468_4a1310f3ae_z.jpg

     

    Thanks for any assistance in advance.

  2. It doesn't look like a Grass shrimp, but does look like a Periclimenes of some sort. No clue. Perhaps Leslie can send it off to one of the shrimp experts, like Sammy or Art.

     

    Cheers,

    Marli

  3. Thank you for the reply.

    He was a cute little guy. I am finding I love to search through and around anemone's for their 'friends'.

    I am hoping someone with more knowledge will share some insight.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.