Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

New DiveFilm podcast on sharks in French Polynesia

Started by echeng ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

New DiveFilm podcast on sharks in French Polynesia

9 posts
  1. echeng-sharks-fp-600x336.jpg

     

    In July, I went to French Polynesia with Fabrice Charleux of Plongeur.com to capture stills and video of the incredible schools of gray reef sharks that call its remote atolls home. At that time, I posted only a few still frames from the trip—not because I didn’t want to share, but because I had something larger planned. When I returned home, I called up Mary Lynn Price of DiveFilm and asked her if she would be interested in collaborating in a podcast episode. Luckily, Mary Lynn was excited about the project, and together, we have finally finished and published a new DiveFilm HD episode on the sharks of French Polynesia. To see the video, please download it from iTunes. DiveFilm is currently the only ocean-related podcast featured by Apple, and the only way to make sure it stays there is to have folks download and view it through iTunes!

     

    Links to podcast: DiveFilm HD on iTunes.

    The episode is called “Shark Diving French Polynesia!”

     

    Special thanks to Fabrice Charleux (gracious host and organizer; translator; subtitling), Mary Lynn Price (editor; podcast goddess), Don Kehoe (grumpy photo assistant), Dave Patchen (supporting friend), Adam Tow (interview camera assistance) and Rae Chang (interview assistance). This would not have been possible without all of you!

    Edited by echeng
  2. Good work Eric, id the shot of you jumping in from a Go pro on a pole? I like, different angle to usual in water one.

  3. Yep! GoPro and pole. ^_^

  4. Really nicely shot Eric. Guess I went to the wrong areas of Tahiti many years ago. The walls of sharks footage is just outstanding.

    Steve

  5. Were all the in water shots from a GoPro? It looks like there's some nice shark diving over there, great to see.

  6. No—most of the in-water shots were from 7D. There is fantastic shark diving over there!

  7. Friends of mine have just sailed from Panama to Sydney, dived all over French Pol and they loved it, said it was some of the best diving they have ever done (they have done a fair bit too) loads of really healthy shark populations.

     

    Were they mostly Grey Reef's? Did you get many Silver Tips?

  8. Jonny - we didn't see a single silver tip. Had lots of black-tip reef sharks, though.

  9. Nice advertisement! Do we get a special discount if we say we've heard of the operation on Wetpixel? :-)

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.