Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Seabed timelaps

Started by akvaplan ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Seabed timelaps

3 posts
  1. Hi

     

    For a reseach project I need to make a one year timelaps of the sea bed under a fish farm. Water depth is 100 meters (300ft).

     

    Camera housing and flashlights are easy to find, but the problem is how to remote-control the camera, supply power and transfer the images to the surface. (communication will from that go over a gprs modem).

     

    Does any one have experience using 150 meters of cable?

     

    Thanks

  2. Hi

     

    For a reseach project I need to make a one year timelaps of the sea bed under a fish farm. Water depth is 100 meters (300ft).

     

    Camera housing and flashlights are easy to find, but the problem is how to remote-control the camera, supply power and transfer the images to the surface. (communication will from that go over a gprs modem).

     

    Does any one have experience using 150 meters of cable?

     

    Thanks

     

     

    Hi akvplan

     

    For remote control and data transfer I have used the USB and have the camera (Canon 5D MII) tethered to a computer. Power is just a surface feed min. IP68 rated cable preferably sheathed with reinforcing conduit. The USB need at lease two boosters for 100m or over.

     

    You could PM me (info@scubacam.com.sg) if you are interested in discussing further.

     

    Best regards

     

     

    David

  3. I don't know if they're still in business, or what your project budget is, but at DEMA 2009 there was an outfit that was selling complete pan/tilt/zoom webcams housed for underwater emplacements for remote internet control (cabled).

     

    Scroll toward the bottom of the page where it says Manta Network (they were selling the cameras mostly as a funding for a conservancy effort, if I remember right):

     

    http://wetpixel.com/i.php/full/dema-2009-d...ge-insanity/P4/

     

    There's a link there but it didn't work when I tried it. I'm at work though so if it's a redirect (personal hosting of some sort) it might be my firewall not that they're gone.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.