Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

My best 160 seconds this summer

Started by Segerdahl ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

My best 160 seconds this summer

7 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I have just made an underwater video with my D-SLR Nikon D7000, in which I boiled down the very best of the ca 15-20 dives this summer into 160 seconds.

     

    All scenes are taken in the (murky but exiting) waters of the swedish west coast.

     

    In the movie there are wrecks, nudibranches, fishes, lobsters, divers etc.

     

    As always, I did the filming, editing and composed (etc) the music.

     

    I have uploaded it to a Nikon movie competition. Mine is the only underwater movie in the competition.

    I AM UNDERWATER - Nikon Film Festival

     

    (don't try the fullscreen version as it's only a pixel zoom)

     

    It would be great if you would like to watch it, even more fun if you took the time to write a comment and I guess the best would be if you would be nice and give me a high grade (just click on the star to the very right, 5 star ;-)).

     

     

    Thanks,

    Peter Segerdahl

  2. Hi,

     

    I have just made an underwater video with my D-SLR Nikon D7000, in which I boiled down the very best of the ca 15-20 dives this summer into 160 seconds.

     

    All scenes are taken in the (murky but exiting) waters of the swedish west coast.

     

    In the movie there are wrecks, nudibranches, fishes, lobsters, divers etc.

     

    As always, I did the filming, editing and composed (etc) the music.

     

    I have uploaded it to a Nikon movie competition. Mine is the only underwater movie in the competition.

    I AM UNDERWATER - Nikon Film Festival

     

    (don't try the fullscreen version as it's only a pixel zoom)

     

    It would be great if you would like to watch it, even more fun if you took the time to write a comment and I guess the best would be if you would be nice and give me a high grade (just click on the star to the very right, 5 star ;-)).

     

     

    Thanks,

    Peter Segerdahl

     

     

    Hi Peter,

    Great little film. What lens were you using ? and what lighting set-up please ?

    Thanks,

    Christophe

  3. Nice video Peter. I especially like the wide shots of the little wreck.

     

    Interesting that you composed your own music too, and it's pretty good!

  4. Hi Peter,

    Great little film. What lens were you using ? and what lighting set-up please ?

    Thanks,

    Christophe

     

    Hi Christophe,

     

    Thanks!

     

    Tons of lenses and tons of lightning set-up... I'm still experimenting and trying all kinds of things.

     

    Lenses:

    60mm macro,

    17-70mm makro,

    10-17 fisheye,

    10.5mm fisheye

     

    Lightning:

    Natural/Sun

    Fisheye FIXLED 1000 + 2 DS 161 lights

    Fisheye FIXLED 1000

    Divelight

    2 Sola 1200

  5. Nice video Peter. I especially like the wide shots of the little wreck.

     

    Interesting that you composed your own music too, and it's pretty good!

     

    Thanks alot!

  6. Great work I enjoyed watching your work. Shooting was nice and steady too. Well done. Keep them coming!

  7. Gone?

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.