Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

two unknowns from Anilao: a nudibranch and a coral critter

Started by troporobo ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

two unknowns from Anilao: a nudibranch and a coral critter

3 posts
  1. Diving last weekend in Anilao was not the best, but I did manage to get out and spot things I have not seen there before. The first is this nudibranch - I have not seen this species before or any nudibranch standing up like this for an extended period. It was about 5 or 6 cm "tall" in this pose. I couldn't find it on Nudipixel. Anyone know the species?

     

    6267841084_8bf59569b8.jpg

    unknown nudibranch

     

    My dive buddy (and wife) spotted this critter popping rhythmically every 5 seconds out of a tube on a Euphyllia ancora coral. I think it is a barnacle but would appreciate confirmation

     

    6267338475_39a833f2e9.jpg

    Barnacle (?) in Euphyllia ancora coral

     

    I did see one other thing I've been looking for for years - a stargazer! Of course that was exactly one minute after my strobe batterries died . . .

  2. That's it indeed - thanks!

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.