Hi everyone,
I've been using PCs all my life, but I'm getting really tired of the bloatware on my PC that slows it down. Every time I do a Windows Update it seems to get slower with the updates installed. Besides doing underwater photography, I run a part-time photography business so I have a lot of photos to deal with and lots of retouching to do. I currently use Lightroom and CS3, and want to continue using them. My current PC has 4 GB of RAM, and it seemed fast enough when I first bought it a few years ago. But now, when I'm just doing basic editing in Lightroom, my computer slows down to a crawl and for every pen stroke I do, and I have to wait until my computer catches up to continue. CS3 runs a bit faster, but once I'm dealing with multiple layers it gets slow.
My question is: if I get a Mac (specifically, a MacBook Pro with 8 GB of RAM), will it run Lightroom and CS3 faster? Or will it just be the same if I get a new PC with 8GB of RAM? And, will I have to upgrade my computer as often (currently I seem to be on a 2-3 year upgrade cycle). I know some of the benefits (no need for antivirus software), but is it really worth it switch to a Mac? Any helpful comments/tips would be appreciated.