Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

MDX-40D housing maintenance?

Started by blueline ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

MDX-40D housing maintenance?

3 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I have an MDX-40D housing that have not serviced since purchased 3 - 3 1/2 yrs ago. It is stored since last February. I am planning to put it in the water again, so my question is, do the o-rings on the housing need to be replaced(I believe there's one on the back panel, one on top right side.) I usually test at a pool for leaks etc, but want to make sure.

     

    Thanks.

  2. Hi partner,

    Sea & Sea recommends o-ring maintenance annually. I push it to every two years based on the conditions I normally dive in (no sand or gunk). Three years is pushing it. If I was in Florida I'd take my housing over to Reef Photo and ask them to go through it fo me. It's all the internal o-rings I'd be worried about. The first one to start to leak is usually the shutter release since it gets more rotational wear.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  3. Hi partner,

    Sea & Sea recommends o-ring maintenance annually. I push it to every two years based on the conditions I normally dive in (no sand or gunk). Three years is pushing it. If I was in Florida I'd take my housing over to Reef Photo and ask them to go through it fo me. It's all the internal o-rings I'd be worried about. The first one to start to leak is usually the shutter release since it gets more rotational wear.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

     

    Thanks Steve! That's what I was thinking, next time I'll be down there for a shore dive, I'll take it to them. I completely forgot about the shutter, plus haven't used it in over a year.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.