Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

An Encounter with a Giant Southern Eagle Ray

Started by skating101 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

An Encounter with a Giant Southern Eagle Ray

6 posts
  1. During a dive at Shelly Beach in Sydney we found this huge Southern Eagle Ray. This is the video of the dive. Filmed in 720p on Canon SD980IS

     

    Song: Bonobo - Dinosaurs

    Filmed: Nicholas Hart, Susan Tong

    Edited: Nicholas Hart, Susan Tong

     

    Please visit our blog http://2fishoutofwater.wordpress.com

     

    [youtubehd]c6TYcE0yCpQ[/youtubehd]

    Edited by segal3
  2. That is huge! Great footage. Thanks for Sharing.

     

    Dustin

  3. lurve the critters!

    thanks for sharing ;)

  4. ;) Thanks guys
  5. Eagle rays are very near the top of marine life I love to film. I believe this must be a different species than the ones I have seen in my lifetime at the Galapagos or Cocos or anywhere else for that matter. I certainly have never seen one just lying there like a sting ray and the coloring and spots are different than what I am used to seeing. Loved the long tailed catfish as well, never filmed one before. Cool ;)

  6. Eagle rays are very near the top of marine life I love to film. I believe this must be a different species than the ones I have seen in my lifetime at the Galapagos or Cocos or anywhere else for that matter. I certainly have never seen one just lying there like a sting ray and the coloring and spots are different than what I am used to seeing. Loved the long tailed catfish as well, never filmed one before. Cool :)

     

    Eagle rays are incredible, this was a southern eagle ray which dont have as pronounced spots as their northern spotted eagle ray cousins still beautiful nonetheless

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.