Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Silicone grease type for Seatol D300 housing?

Started by jonhanson ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Silicone grease type for Seatol D300 housing?

4 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    I have a Seatool housing for the D300 and need to get some replacement silicone grease. I'm unable to get hold of Seatool branded grease, but I'm told that I should be able to use standard (Sea & Sea) grease, unless it requires "fluoro-silicone" grease. Does anyone know which type of grease I require?

     

    thanks,

    Jon

  2. Hi,

     

    I have a Seatool housing for the D300 and need to get some replacement silicone grease. I'm unable to get hold of Seatool branded grease, but I'm told that I should be able to use standard (Sea & Sea) grease, unless it requires "fluoro-silicone" grease. Does anyone know which type of grease I require?

     

    thanks,

    Jon

     

    Hi Jon,

     

    I have a Seatool housing for a 40D and have had no problem aquiring the genuine silicon grease from either Backscatter or Reef Photo & Video. Not sure if there are any suppliers in the UK.

     

    Regards

     

    George

  3. Hi Jon,

     

    I have a Seatool housing for a 40D and have had no problem aquiring the genuine silicon grease from either Backscatter or Reef Photo & Video. Not sure if there are any suppliers in the UK.

     

    Regards

     

    George

    Get some tribolube 71 or christolube. Non silicone but safe for any type of o-rings with no possible swelling.

     

    Bill

  4. Thanks for the answers. I'm actually flying tomorrow so acquiring unusual types of grease isn't an option. I've now been informed the standard grease should be ok, so i'll do a test dive without the camera to check.

     

    thanks,

    jon

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.