Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Image recovery

Started by Arnon_Ayal ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Image recovery

8 posts
  1. Image recovery

    Before my last trip I bought an Image tank to save the pictures during the 5 weeks of traveling.

    When I got home I discovered that there was a bug in the image tank and some (the most important shots from Palau!!) where disappear. I still don't writing here the manufactory and all the details because the device is in the lab and I'm waiting to the results.

    After a small hart attack (ok, not so small ) I successed to recover all the pictures using nice software called Digital Image Recovery: http://63.141.194.5/dir/index.html

    Its work very good and successed to recover all the files that were deleted, the problem is that its made me a flat directory with all the files it was found with file duplication and new names so I had to put them in order again. To do it I wrote simple application that scan the images, read the Exif data and copy them to a tree like directory structure with new names according to the Exif date data.

     

    Arnon

  2. A "simple application," huh? Sounds pretty cool. Might we have access to it? :)

  3. In what did you write the littel aplication.

     

    I'm looking for a good Java library that let me access exif data easly.

     

    Simon

  4. A year ago I found in the net C++ sample code that show how to get some details from the Exif data, I used it as a base and build my own class.

    I used it first to build tool that can show some Exif data by right-click on Jpg file, so now I only needed to build console application to use the class.

    Anyway, this tool called PicsOrder.exe, its a console application, you have to choose the source directory and the destination directory.

    The program access the Exif data of any jpg file in the source directory (including subfolders) and copy it to the destination folder to a tree like structure: year - month - day, its also rename the file to its date and time data

    ex: file's path: <Destination directory>20031121031121_034422.jpg

     

    usage: PicsOrder <Source directory> <Destination directory>

     

    I tested it on few camera's models, there is a know problem with Nikon D100.

     

    Arnon

  5. Cool. We'll leave it here for people to find. I love this attachment feature. :)

     

    It should be relatively easy to script in PHP as well, since PHP libraries are available that let you access all of the EXIF data easily.

  6. Strange, but I cant download the file now, its open me a new page but nothing more.

     

    Btw, if someone needs some others Exif tools I can make them (if its not too complicate), some day I think to make from all of that a real application so any useful tool will be appreciated.

     

    Arnon

  7. The download feature seems to be broken. I'm working on it. :)

  8. Really dosn't look like fun ;-)

     

    Thanks for the fix!

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.