I have a D700 and I am about to buy a Hugy housing. I have the 105mm non VR macro, shaved Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye, and now I am looking for a solid FX wide angle to complete my kit. I'd like to use the Zen 230mm dome on both my fisheye and wide angle. Three choices I have come up with based on reading Ken Rockwell's reviews, but need the Forum's help for under water performance:
1) Nikkor 14-24mm AFS f/2.8 G ED;
2) Nikkor 16-35mm f/4 VR; and
3) Nikor 17-35mm f/2.8
My original thinking was that the VR would be good for hand held wide angle shots in the water column, but in low light I have heard it does not work. What would you go for? Are there any of these lenses that I would not be able to use with my Hugy/Zen 230 combo? Other lenses I should consider?
Once again, thanks for your help.
Matt