Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

40D in 30D SPL Housing

Started by callumogrady ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

40D in 30D SPL Housing

4 posts
  1. Hey guys,

    New to the forum and looking for some advice on my new 30D SPL housing.

     

    The 40D I own dosen't fit inside the housing and I was wondering if I could make it fit. (pictures below)

    I got the case for a steal so am really keen to make it work, and have seen/heard of other people getting it to work but I have no clue. If worst comes to worse I will grab a 30D, but would be nice to make the 40D work and use as my main underwater body.

    I was thinking remove the bottom silver tray that holds the camera, but this seems pretty extreme to me.

     

     

    If anyone has any advice on what I should do I would appreciate your help :)

     

     

    Cheers

     

     

     

    photo-3.jpg

     

    photo3-1.jpg

     

    photo2-1.jpg

     

    photo1-2.jpg

    Edited by callumogrady
  2. Hi,

     

    If it doesnt fit it doesnt fit.

     

    Thats the basic rule.

     

    What i would do is to remove everything in there, the controls, the bottom plate, everything and see the "Real space"

     

    I have a Liquid eye surfing housing the multicamera one, and i love that i can put any camera just changing the foams and the shutter release cable.

     

    Of course that one has no controls more than the shutter, but for a surfing one thats enough.

     

    Im working on a Nx90z housing (for a N90 film camera) and adapting it to a nikon d300, and its much harder than it seems, but its starting to get there.. seems like i have enough space now, just have to redo all the controls to get as many controls as posible in the d300.

     

    by your photos, it seems that if you remove the controls and the plate at the bottom it will fit..

  3. I would remove the bottom plate first and see how the controls fit. I don't have 30D at hand, but chances are some might even work without modification.

     

     

    Link

  4. The 30D and 40D are very different cameras.

     

    As you have seen the size is different, but the biggest issue you will face is the placement of the buttons (not shutter) are very different.

     

    Good luck on your efforts, please report back on your success.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.