Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Remote control, via PC

Started by echeng ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Remote control, via PC

2 posts
  1. Remote control, via PC

    http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/index.htm

     

    "Breeze Systems' DSLR Remote Pro allows a Canon EOS-1D, EOS-1DS, EOS 10D, 300D, Digital Rebel or Kiss Digital digital SLR to be operated tethered to a PC using the FireWire or USB cable...."

     

    Now we just need a housing for a notebook, and a 5M cable with firewire through a standard bulkhead connector.

     

    You could just leave the camera and computer down there and shoot time lapse of an event. Pretty cool.

     

    Actually, my remote shutter release for my Canon has time lapse features. I should really get that thing housed and connected through a remote bulkhead. Then, I could just leave the camera on something and come back later. But I'd probably always keep the thing in site to ward off sticky-fingered divers. :)

  2. ROFL,

     

    I thought about doing this for a while with the S2, which also has tethered control.

     

    But I'm too lazy...I got the sync cord ends that I need to make up the connector (need 4 pins for firewire) but then I ran out of steam...

     

    Cheers

    James

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.