Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

9 year old Ella snorkels with chummed sharks

Started by Drew ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

9 year old Ella snorkels with chummed sharks

2 posts
  1. 9 year old Ella (she has grown so fast!) Addison, whose father Mark Addison is an operator doing the shark dives in Aliwal Shoal, snorkels with the sharks on chummed dives. I know the family so I won't say too much other than I vehemently disagree with this, but not my child so it's none of my business! What do you all think?

     

    Here are the Addisons on the Today Show:

    [youtubehd]BaWnAJzdZS4[/youtubehd]

     

    And here's Ella and Gail on Yo:

    [youtubehd]UQ20HI4I-aw[/youtubehd]

  2. I can understand the hesitancy, should it be your child, but only to a degree. The girl has skilled and knowledgable parents and is becoming so herself. We've all dove with sharks as we progressed in our diving careers. I wish I had been as lucky as she to have started at such a young age. Not sure I was as mature at that age though. You don't say why you 'vehemently' disagree.

    Excellent interview

    Steve

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.