Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Coral Species help

Started by JKrumsick ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Coral Species help

1 posts
  1. I have had a lot of help from members on here with fish ID'ing (Rocha is MVP right now!).

     

    Now I need some help with coral species.

     

    I really appreciate all of the help!

     

    6309388710_0dc4d9fc54_b.jpg

    xxuk_y08_m03_0287.jpg by I(heart)Fish, on Flickr

     

    Leaning towards Common sea fan but there is a possibility it is the Venus. Can someone give me a better understanding of how to tell the two apart?

     

    6309389166_67bb5163a4_b.jpg

    yyuk_SAD3147.jpg by I(heart)Fish, on Flickr

     

    A kind of sea rod behind the Bluehead?

     

    6309387886_7407987ef5_b.jpg

    yytr_y11_m05_0069.jpg by I(heart)Fish, on Flickr

     

    Some kind of knobby sea-rod.

     

    6309845118_28201d6ab3_b.jpg

    xxft_y05_m11_0020.jpg by I(heart)Fish, on Flickr

     

    I think it's a rough sea plume.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.