Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Fish and Shrimp ID

Started by diver dave1 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Fish and Shrimp ID

5 posts
  1. Both seen at St. Croix on a night dive at 20-30 ft.

     

    The fish was hiding under an anemone. Various parts of the fish look like several in my book but none in the book seem like a complete match.

    6316721817_6173b0746f_z.jpg

     

    I have nothing in Humann and DeLoach that looks like this one.

    6317273452_936c944558_z.jpg

    Edited by diver dave1
  2. Maybe bucciferus for the blenny.

     

    Sorry, that's Labrisomus bucciferus. Puffcheek Blenny I think.

  3. Fingered dragonette?

  4. I was looking at the photo wrong. I thought the head was squashed but now I see the pointed snout/ small mouth. Now I think you have a Malacoctenus triangulatus, Saddled Blenny.

  5. Thanks for the assistance. That does look like the closest match based on photo's I find online.

     

    Wishing I could find out something about the shrimp.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.