Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Telestacean?

Started by JKrumsick ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Telestacean?

2 posts
  1. I can't figure out which Telestacean this is... or is it even a Telestacean? Located in the Caribbean.

     

    6322709132_6a5101dfeb_b.jpg

    yyuk_y09_m06_0184.jpg by I(heart)Fish, on Flickr

     

    Oh, and I certainly hope I am not putting people off by posting so much in the Critter ID section... having a lot of fun trying to identify these creatures and everyone's help has been invaluable!

  2. I can't figure out which Telestacean this is... or is it even a Telestacean? Located in the Caribbean.

     

    6322709132_6a5101dfeb_b.jpg

    yyuk_y09_m06_0184.jpg by I(heart)Fish, on Flickr

     

    Oh, and I certainly hope I am not putting people off by posting so much in the Critter ID section... having a lot of fun trying to identify these creatures and everyone's help has been invaluable!

    Believe what you are seeing is possibly a piece of a Grooved-Blade Sea Whip, pterogorgia guadalupensis

    Generally seen growing in in clumps and sometimes with hidden critters.:B):

     

    Tozeuma-carolinense-shrimp-M.jpg

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.