After I almost drown my camera with the optic bulkhead from Aquatica. By tilting it, making it leak. I'm been looking for a better solution to this problem.
Then I learned on this site that Hugyfot has a Acrylic plug that fits in a Nikon bulkhead. Nikon bulkhead as you know it, it is attached to the UW housing with a nut, not a O-ring. After getting the wires out of the bulkhead and refitted it on my Aquatica and some fittling to get the Diode on the Acrylic plug. It works, it triggers both strobes. Now what missing is the deep water testing of the UW housing without camera. The two pictures is taken throw the Hugyfot adapter.
Nikon bulkhead as you know it, it is attached to the UW housing with a nut, not a O-ring...
Just to make sure: Nikon bulkheads are attached with a nut AND an o-ring.
Just to make sure: Nikon bulkheads are attached with a nut AND an o-ring.
And the bulkhead from Aquatica has a o-ring for getting a seal and a o-ring for securing it to the UW housing.
Hope that Aquatica finds a other way to secure its optical bulkheads to the UW house. This almost cost me camera and a lense.
The reason you had a leak with a Aquatica 5dmk2 and the Aquatica Optical bulkhead is that the 5dmk2 housing uses the older style bulkhead that used a nut and a thread to retain it and an o-ring to seal. The new optically enabled housings (7D, D7000) use a different style of bulkhead that is retained by an O-ring. You simply tried to implement something that the Aquatica bulkhead wasn't designed to work with. At least you found an alternative.
S.
Nextwo,
Can I ask how you are triggering flash through the optic fibre from the 5dmk2? I presume you've got some kind of circuit from the hot shote that emits light?