Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Received a housing today for my DR/300D

Started by NLAVD ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Received a housing today for my DR/300D

5 posts
  1. Received a housing today for my DR/300D

    Ryan at Underwater Camera Pros and Ike rushed one to me in time for my upcoming trip to Truk. Should have a review shortly after I return.

     

    So far I'm impressed but of course I won't really know until I dive with it. More to follow of course.

     

    Img_1463.jpg

  2. Wow

    Looks good ! Are those light DS 125 ?

    Have you had any concerns about not having TTL

    I am also considering this package so feedback will be great :roll:

  3. Yea, I have two DS-125s w/manual controllers. I'll write up a review about the system when I return. I gave some thought to the TTL issue but I've come to recognize its limitations. I'd love to have it for macro work but even with that type of shot, it limits creativity to some degree.

     

    I'll be interested to see how well the Aquatica TTL conversion works. No doubt it'll be big news if it does work well but we'll see. As for choice of housings, I really wanted my housing before I leave for this trip...and so far other than Ike's, no housing choices with or without TTL have materialized.

  4. I think you'll be very happy with your Ike housing Jay.

     

    Here's some advice from my past experience w/ the Ike S2pro housing that might help you on your trip.

     

    With the extended dome port, wrap the barrel with something black, like electrical tape. That will help reduce flare.

     

    When locking the ports into place, remember to grease the o-ring. That is Ike's advice and it's the only oring that needs greasing. After the port is locked on, you can check the oring seal by taking off the housing back and looking into the back of the front of the housing. Look for pinches in the oring.

     

    Get some black paper and do this with your 14mm Sigma:

     

    sigmahood.jpg

     

    Otherwise, the front element sticks out a LOT and is prone to flare.

     

    Good luck and have fun!

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. Hi James

    Hi James,

     

    I just want to tell you that I hate you! ;-)

     

    Finally i'm planning to buy a housing from eric (the Sea and Sea and he told me he promised you the Flat Port and the Extension Ring allready. Now I have to buy a new one. :-(

     

    But no Problem. First come First Serve, thats OK with me! :-)

     

    Bye Simon ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.