Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Canon AF mode

Started by cpadiver ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon AF mode

7 posts
  1. I have been deciding whether to house my Canon 7D.

     

    My biggest gripe with the camera is the focus point does not light up in red when using AI Servo AF. I use AI Servo underwater. Thus the focus point on the 7D would be black.

     

    Do most of you Canon users use One Shot AF or AI Servo when shooting underwater?

     

    I shoot mostly small fish and macro type shots when I can.

     

    Any thoughts?

  2. I have been deciding whether to house my Canon 7D.

     

    My biggest gripe with the camera is the focus point does not light up in red when using AI Servo AF. I use AI Servo underwater. Thus the focus point on the 7D would be black.

     

    Do most of you Canon users use One Shot AF or AI Servo when shooting underwater?

     

    I shoot mostly small fish and macro type shots when I can.

     

    Any thoughts?

    I use one shot AF on my 7d with no issues.

    Bill

  3. Do most of you Canon users use One Shot AF or AI Servo when shooting underwater?

     

    I use single shot AF for 90% of my shooting. The only time I change is to shoot fast moving big animals like dolphins or sharks(AI servo). I also use the rear button for AF, it feels like I have more control that way.

     

    Cheers, (you'll love the 7D underwater)

    Steve

  4. I use single shot AF for 90% of my shooting. The only time I change is to shoot fast moving big animals like dolphins or sharks(AI servo). I also use the rear button for AF, it feels like I have more control that way.
    What Steve said!
  5. I find Ai Servo pretty useful (and accurate) for macro stuff in conditions where it is difficult to maintain a precise distance and position. I dive a lot in the North Sea and often there is a slight swell or tide shoving me about. In better conditions, I only use Servo for moving subjects like others who have responded.

  6. One shot most of the time for underwater.

     

    Todd

  7. One shot almost all the time, AI servo for special cases.

     

    Hope that helps!

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.