Hi,
I'm considering buying my first wide angle lens for use with my Nikon D7000 in a Hugyfot housing. Which wide angle lens would you recommend, considering I dive mainly in our dark and low visibility waters here in Belgium and the Netherlands, with an occasional holiday to more tropical destinations. I read here on wetpixel that many people recommend/use either the Tokina 10-17 or the Nikon 10.5, but I wonder which one would be more suitable for our local conditions? The Tokina may be more versatile because it's a zoom lens, but then the Nikon is more light sensitive (F2.8 vs F3.5-4.5) which may be more beneficial in low-light conditions. Or should I look for another lens?
My main interest is macro photography (hence my Nikon 60mm), but I also would like to try/learn wide angle photography. Especially CFWA would be of interest for me I think. Currently I use the Nikon 18-105mm kitlens in a flatport for occasional photos in the pool (e.g. shots of divers during training sessions), but it's not exactly suited for real use (the 0.45m minimum focus distance makes it pretty useless) :-)
Jef



