Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Help identifying a coral?

Started by gracero ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Help identifying a coral?

3 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    This is a screen grab from some video I took on a recent trip to the Maldives. I really don't know what it is, I assume it is a type of coral but I don't recall having seen anything with its structure before nor with the fluorescent red colour similar to that of a red anemone. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what it is.

     

    Untitled_000000.jpeg

     

    Thanks,

     

    Richard

  2. Lovely coral. I believe it is a Cynarina lacrymalis.

     

    Sharon

  3. Thanks Sharon - I've had a browse on the net and I reckon you are right. It seems that it has many colour variants but is most commonly a more muted brown colour. I reckon we were lucky to see such a vividly coloured example.

     

    Richard

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.