Coolpix 8700
Nikon today announced a 8.0 mpixel camera, which has more mega than their latest DSLR the D70. Keep on track with housings here:
http://www.digideep.com/product.php?pType=...&mID=25&pID=801
Read-only discussion
Nikon today announced a 8.0 mpixel camera, which has more mega than their latest DSLR the D70. Keep on track with housings here:
http://www.digideep.com/product.php?pType=...&mID=25&pID=801
Andi - it's important to note that more does not mean better. So saying is has more MP than their latest DSLR is a moot point. Everything about those cameras is different, and you can't really directly compare cameras with different sensor sizes, just by specs.
We've got a thread running about why more does not always mean a lot better.
Hi eric,
I also left my comment in that thread, which I just saw a few seconds after I announced the camera. Actually I did not judge the two cameras. I thought just that it might be interesting to state that more 8.0 mpix cameras might popup soon. I think there a good reasons for DSLR, as you know that we own one. And I would not have bought it just for the meagpixels. Anyway, I just think that we are observing an interesting developement on the market.
Certainly many consumers will not realize the technical flaws and just go for more megapixels. So my more interesting question is, if the high end consumer non-DSLRs will temporary take some of the current DSLRs planned market share? Or will they flop (for technical reasons you mentioned) ?
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.