Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Wireless data transfer

Started by Cal ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Wireless data transfer

5 posts
  1. Hey

     

    I've read a little about eye-fi cards etc

     

    Can anyone shed some light on the fastest / best way to wireless transfer data from the housing/camera to a computer?

     

    I need this for my pool work.

     

    Basically, how can i get the photos to the computer without getting out of the pool?

     

    I've heard about modifying the housing so that it has a pocket wizard or something similar floating at the surface which then transfers the images to a router?

     

    Cheers!

     

    Cal

  2. Cal

     

    My friend and WP member CheungyDiver has modified housings before to add a tethered connection to the housing (http://bit.ly/t1zN6y). Whilst not a wireless solution, this should help and keep you in the pool shooting.

     

    Cheers

     

    Col.

  3. Thanks for that!

     

    The problem is that I cant have cords running out of the pool for insurance/liability reasons. I work mostly with public pools and so I need it all to be wireless.

     

    Cheers

  4. Im not sure if you have solved your problem now but have you considered Wi-Fi memort cards?

     

    http://uk.eye.fi/

     

    Thats the link for the official site amazon sells them online

  5. Im not sure if you have solved your problem now but have you considered Wi-Fi memort cards?

     

    http://uk.eye.fi/

     

    Thats the link for the official site amazon sells them online

    I think that the eye-fi solution is mostly workable with plastic housings, I wonder how well it will work in a metal housing, but it is relatively cheap to try. Of course you need WIFI but in a pool situation that might not be a problem.

     

    Bill

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.