Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

What I want in a CP5000 Housing

Started by james ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

What I want in a CP5000 Housing

3 posts
  1. Let me start off by saying that I own the CP990 Housing of yours (Ike) and I love it.

     

    I would like to upgrade to the Coolpix 5000 setup, but here is a "Wish List" of things that I would like to see in a new housing from you Ike. Some of these may already be in the works, so forgive me if I mention something that is very obviously on your new housing layout:

     

    1) Taller housing to accomodate Nikon's new Coolpix 5000 Battery Grip (MB-E5000 - Photos on this page:

     

    http://www.digitalkamera.de/Info/News/11/42.htm)

     

    2) Dome port to accomodate the Coolpix WC-E68 19mm lense (Like on your SLR housings perhaps?). Here's a picture of the camera w/ the lens and adapter ring:

     

    http://bermangraphics.com/images2/400-DSCN4189.jpg Pretty long sucker, eh?!

     

    3) Is there ANY way to make a Flip-Tray for this housing? I would literally KILL for one of those at this point. If not, can you make the baseplate on the housing compatible w/ existing flip trays?

     

    I know this is a big list, but most of this stuff (the WA lens and the Battery Grip) we just learned about recently from Nikon. I bet you're pretty frustrated with them right now...

     

    Cheers

    James Wiseman

     

     

    [Edited on 1-13-2002 by jamesw]

  2. James,

     

    Just to let you know Athena of Japan is in the work of producing an aluminum housing for the Nikon Coolpix 5000. The new housing for the Coolpix500 will come with detachable lens port and from what i understand is they will make 3 ports, a standard port, macro port and dome port. It will be possible to use all the NIKON COOLPIX 5000 lens accessories like

     

    FC-E8 fisheye lens

    TC-E2 2 x teleconverter

    TC-E3ED 3 x teleconverter

    WC-E68

    HN-E5000

     

    This housing is something to look forward to

     

    Allan

  3. It certainly is! Please post more details asap. Will it be available soon?

     

    The Ikelite housings are already up on Ike's website...

     

    Cheers

    James

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.