Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Strobe Sync Speed with Canon 600D/ Nauticam

Started by gee13 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Strobe Sync Speed with Canon 600D/ Nauticam

4 posts
  1. Hi All

     

    Just wondering if anyone who has been using the 600D have experienced or awware of an issue with this. I hear its only 1/180 and wondering how this would compare with the 60D or 7D and how much I would impact on particular uw photos.

     

    Thanks

  2. Hi All

     

    Just wondering if anyone who has been using the 600D have experienced or awware of an issue with this. I hear its only 1/180 and wondering how this would compare with the 60D or 7D and how much I would impact on particular uw photos.

     

    Thanks

     

     

    Hi,

     

    The flash sync shutter speed of 600D is 1/200; and that of 60D and 7D is both 1/250. I don't think you will experience substantial difference due to the slightly slower flash sync shutter speed. By the way, the following galleries are both shot with external strobes set to S-TTL:

     

    http://nauticam.smugmug.com/HousingTests/N...19585418_sggxZP

     

    http://nauticam.smugmug.com/HousingTests/N...18395590_FSqtWd

     

    Edward

  3. Hi,

     

    The flash sync shutter speed of 600D is 1/200; and that of 60D and 7D is both 1/250. I don't think you will experience substantial difference due to the slightly slower flash sync shutter speed. By the way, the following galleries are both shot with external strobes set to S-TTL:

     

    http://nauticam.smugmug.com/HousingTests/N...19585418_sggxZP

     

    http://nauticam.smugmug.com/HousingTests/N...18395590_FSqtWd

     

    Edward

     

    Hi Edward I currently use an S90 in fix housing with S2000s How does this compare in terms of strobe sync speed for the 600 D?

  4. Hi Edward I currently use an S90 in fix housing with S2000s How does this compare in terms of strobe sync speed for the 600 D?

     

    Hi Gee,

     

    The minimum strobe sync speed of S90 is at 1/500 sec. Although this looks to be faster than the 600D, but coupled with the smallest aperture limit of F8 I think you are going to achieve better background brightness control with the 600D.

     

    Another shortcoming of the S90 is that when you set to M(anual) mode the camera flash does not provide TTL, while the 600D does. We found the TTL of 600D worked quite well with external S-TTL or DS-TTL compatible strobes, even for wideangle shots.

     

    Best regards,

     

    Edward

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.