Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

a housing for my 5D Mark II

Started by marcello ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

a housing for my 5D Mark II

5 posts
  1. I live in Madrid, Spain and I bought years ago a sea&sea housing for my Canon 5D (the classic one), flashes and ports...

     

    But now I have known that sea&sea doesn't make housings for my 5D Mark II anymore.

    My question is: Is there any housing for a 5D Mark II (of any other brand) which I could use with my sea&sea ports and my sea&sea flashes?...

     

    The question I am asking is because is a very really hard task to find a second hand sea&sea housing for my 5D Mark II in Spain...

     

    thanks

  2. Are you sure that you cant get hold of a S & S housing. Have you tried Japan.?

     

    Stew

  3. Hi Marcello

     

    I know you can use Aquatica housings with Sea & Sea ports via an adapter (made by Aquatica). They also still supply the 5D2 housing. See this link: http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/aquatica-ports.

     

    Don't know whether you have Aquatica agents in Spain but I have alaways found Cameras Underwater to be reliable and helpful

  4. I'd check as there may be an issue with using a adapter with any FF camera and the 15mm FE lens. I had significant vignetting even with the 1.25x 1D series when using a adapter.

     

    If you must have S&S ports, then check 2nd hand on WP and Ebay. I see them popping up ever so often. Another way is to modify your housing to work with the 5D2. A friend of mine did that and while there are limitations with the LCD screen, it may be worth your while. You'll have to search in the archives for the thread.

  5. MDX5DII

     

    These guys seem to have it in stock.

     

    Stew

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.