Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

How hazardous was your last photo shoot?

Started by Drew ·

  • 13Posts
  • 13Replies

Read-only discussion

How hazardous was your last photo shoot?

13 posts
  1. The Photographic Society has a page of thetop 50 hazards 45 Nat Geo photographers had to go through to get the shots:

     

    http://thephotosociety.org/reality-check/

     

    I've got 8 out of those on my own various trips and 3 not listed, including getting swatted by a shark on the head in a baitball! The things we do for a shot!

  2. Does actually being nipped by Caribbean Reef Shark during a feeding frenzy qualify?

  3. It should... but only if it's not fed! ;) But really, when I think of the crap I go through to get to locations and shoot stuff... I gotta wonder if it's Darwin working wonders! :)

  4. 3 times into Chernobyl reactor.... why would you do that? ;)

  5. Pick up shots! LOL

  6. I've risked airline food on many occasions. I don't know what all the fuss is about!

     

    Alex

  7. The biggest and most real risk for me is probably DVT.

  8. Staying in 3oc of water for over an hour to 'get the shot' Also so i didn't look like a big wimp infront of my buddy who was in her sixties and coping well with the cold water. Maybe it was because she was 'Scott of the Antartics' grand daughter that she could with stand the conditions ;)

     

    Dean

  9. The biggest and most real risk for me is probably DVT.

     

    What about all those dive gear manufacturers you have given 'slightly negative' reviews too ... ;)

     

    Dean

  10. Extremely small dive boat for a week with 4 other guys and a bag of Cheetos. Very scary! ;)

     

    Todd

  11. I had only 4 of those listed but several that weren't. Glad I didn't qualify for that 'penis fish' one tho I did get ill in the Amazon. On another note, was it ever released as to what really occurred with Wes? I know he was not deep, about 70ft, so I figured either a heart attack or rebreather malfunction.

    Steve

  12. Did nobody else notice " 1 Penis fish" down the bottom? :D

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.