Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Tokina 11-16mm?

Started by racqueteer9 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Tokina 11-16mm?

4 posts
  1. Is anyone housing the Tokina 11-16mm? Ken Rockwell can't say enough good things about it for topside use but I notice most discussions here are about the 10-17. I understand the differences between fisheye and standard but have never owned a fisheye, unless you consider my Nikonos 15mm as such.

  2. Played with this lens in Tonga, the majority of these underwater shots were taken with it: http://www.aquabluedreams.com/staticpages/pid/G/80 In general I like it, quick to focus, good low light performance, shot it on a D7000 behind an Aquatica 9.25 dome. Not sure it will replace my 10-17mm but if you can afford it....

    Edited by NWDiver
  3. Yes, I like it very much, particularly for wrecks and over-unders where I want to keep things looking straight.

    For under only shots it will stand a +2, maybe even a +3 dioptre behind an 8" dome if closer focus is needed.

     

    If I had the choice of only 11-16 or 10-17 then it would be the former.

  4. i'm a rectilinear guy and i like the 11-16. i've tried to make sure it's positioned correctly in the dome and am happy with a +2

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.