Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sea & Sea Front glass replacement

Started by fxvideo ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea & Sea Front glass replacement

2 posts
  1. I have just bought a older Sea & Sea DX60 housing with a flat port. On this flat port there is a scratch which I probable not be able to remove. The rubber ring I could remave very easy and it seems that the frontglas is held in place by a metalic ring. Has anyone ever replaced the frond glass of a flatport?

  2. I have just bought a older Sea & Sea DX60 housing with a flat port. On this flat port there is a scratch which I probable not be able to remove. The rubber ring I could remave very easy and it seems that the frontglas is held in place by a metalic ring. Has anyone ever replaced the frond glass of a flatport?

    It is quite easy to do, but getting the glass just right my cost more than a new port. Typically you will need a tool to compress or unscrew the metal retaining clip. I don't know how S&S puts them in. Measure carefully diameter and thickness then order one from an optical glass company. I have done it with Gates ports several times and once you figure out how to get it apart it is quite simple.

    Bill

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.