Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Thank you Backscatter, for the great service!

Started by AllisonFinch ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Thank you Backscatter, for the great service!

7 posts
  1. I am leaving Friday for a month long trip that will include two weeks of exploratory diving going from West Papua to Timor. While packing and charging all of my batteries, I discovered my Hartenberger battery pack had gone bad. YIKES!! I had my backup battery, but now no spare.

     

    I called one major underwater photography store and was told that they had to order it from Germany and that they had to have a minimum order. My two hundred dollar battery didn't make it. I was disappointed, but did understand.

     

    So, I gave Backscatter a call hoping they would have it in stock. No go....However, they said they thought they could get it. Heck, I only had a week and a half for a battery to come ALL the way from Germany to Calif. Only to have to be shipped to North Carolina. I didn't think there was any way. The folks at Backscatter were willing to try, and so was I. Not only did I get it, but they didn't charge me any more than it would have cost me if they had found it in stock.

     

    You guys ROCK! You will be my first call from now on. Thanks again.

  2. Hartenberger will fix the battery for you. Cost me about $150 :D

  3. Repacking is also an option. All my Hartenberger batteries are repacked with equivalent (and better) cells.

  4. I have a calendar reminder now to recharge the hartenbergers once a month

  5. I do it every 4 mths if not in use. NiMH cells do better in storage than Li varieties. Just make sure it's in a 50% or less humidity level place. It's the circuitry that fails. Plus NiMH sometimes need a few cycles to regain charge strength. That bulb is great for discharging.

    Edited by Drew
  6. I will send the damaged one for rebuilding. I didn't discover it in time for this trip. I will, definitely, be more careful with scheduled charging.

  7. You guys ROCK! You will be my first call from now on. Thanks again.

     

    I second that, their service is great. Everything I've ordered from them has always been competitively priced, made it here correct and ontime, plus they offer good advice and respond to emails. I live in Qatar which is literally on the other side of the world from California and the last order I placed was last Thursday evening and it arrived here 1pm on Sunday (which is a working day here). Hats off to UPS as well though.... :D

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.