Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

External Monitor for Ikelite

Started by masterkin ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

External Monitor for Ikelite

6 posts
  1. Hey Guys,

     

    Does anyone here have any experience in getting an external monitor like this working with the ikelites for DSLR. I wonder if I could route the wire through one of the control glands.

  2. I think your main problem might be finding a DSLR that will accept an external monitor...are there any?

  3. I guess it could be done then. Waterproofing the lead via a gland would certainly be doable, but getting the lead through the gland in the first place could prove a little problematic, especially if cutting/rejoining is required.

  4. yeah, my camera allows for live-view output via the HDMI port (which is unaccessible since it's at the bottom).

     

    I guess this project will have to be put on hold for the meantime.

  5. Most of the canons have HDMI out aswell on the side. But the port is not accessible through Ikelite's housing (at least not for the 5D mk2) so you would have to modify the housing to get it to work.

     

    Cheers,

    Henrik

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.