Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

First Dive with D7000

Started by ATJ ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

First Dive with D7000

1 posts
  1. I took the D7000 for it's first underwater excursion yesterday and I must say it was very easy to use. Stills was no different than the D300. Switching to video was easy - switch mode from M to A, turn on liveview, focus and start video. I used a VR lens (which you can hear most of the time) and I can only imagine how shaky it will be if I use my 60mm f/2.8D.

     

    The footage is noting earth shattering but I'm pleased with a first effort.

     

    Stills are still my thing but being able to shoot video will be fun. I realise now that I'll have to get a proper video light if I want to get serious.

     

    [vimeo]33458790[/vimeo]

     

    Note I also had my GoPro mounted on the rig. During the dive I got buzzed by a large school of 60cm+ yellow-tail kingfish. In the excitement, I completely failed to get any footage - even though they were rushing around me for over a minute.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.