Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

What is this?

Started by vlad ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

What is this?

7 posts
  1. What is this?

    Hello

     

    I shot this picture on the beach in VA at VA Beach and I thought it is a sea weed but a friend of mine said is a shell for sting ray eggs.

    Is this true?

     

    Here is the picture

    http://24.74.150.92/all_my_pics/VA_Beach_1...ed/sea_weed.htm

     

    Thank you

    Vlad

  2. Here's the pic (hotlinked):

     

    sea_weed.jpg

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Stingray Eggs?

  4. i thought stingrays gave live birth ... but i guess like sharks they may varie in species.

  5. Hi!

     

    I saw them in México (Veracruz) sticking to the ground (at 20-25m approx). The guide said it's eggs from a housed slug (a quite big one).

     

    Helge ;-)=)

  6. I think we have a winner!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.