Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Tuskfish in Indonesia?

Started by echeng ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Tuskfish in Indonesia?

5 posts
  1. echeng111117_154336.jpg

     

    Does anyone know what this is? I think it's some sort of tuskfish, but I'm not sure (and I can't seem to find it in any of the books).

  2. I would guess it is a type of razor fish (wrasse) caught in a quirky pose - which is what gives it that character!

  3. Iniistius sp.

     

    Alex

  4. Iniistius sp.

     

    Alex

    Yes, that would make more sense. I just found it: whitepatch razorfish (Iniistius aneitensis). They did dive into sand when threatened. Thanks for the push in the right direction. :)

     

    Also, the side view would have helped. :uwphotog:

     

    echeng111117_154328.jpg

  5. Yes, that would make more sense. I just found it: whitepatch razorfish (Iniistius aneitensis). They did dive into sand when threatened. Thanks for the push in the right direction. :)

     

    Also, the side view would have helped. :uwphotog:

     

    post-2-1323674504.jpg

    Looks very similar - certainly a close species.

    IMG_2794x2.jpg

    Iniistius pavo - Peacock wrasse

    but in was taken at Dahab...

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.