Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

what for Canon 600D ? Ikelite or Sea & Sea RDX

Started by dpoursanidis ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

what for Canon 600D ? Ikelite or Sea & Sea RDX

4 posts
  1. Hello

     

    I am between these two brands (Ike or Sea).

    What you would suggest ?

    Ike has TTL (with Ike strobes)

    Sea needs to use the internal flash (correct?) to use the strobes (YS110).

    Any suggestions ???

  2. Why not consider Nauticam?

  3. I have a Sea and Sea RDX for my 500D and personally I wish I would have gone with nauticam, although I dont think the housing was available when I made my purchase.

     

    Why?

     

    Because it comes with handles and a leak detector standard, just the handles for my RDX housing cost 300 bucks, also the Nauticam is a smaller aluminum housing which is more ergonomic and its a whole lot easier to buy ports for various lenses with nauticam then it is Sea and sea. The Tokina 10-17mm is the most popular UW lens and just trying to figure out which port to get for my RDX was like doing chinese algebra, youd think theyd make it easier for you... Anyway I ended up having to get a Nauticam port to use on my RDX housing for the 10-17. Now im looking at getting a super macro option using a TC 1.4x on my 60mm and it is a nightmare with sea and sea....

  4. I have a Sea and Sea RDX for my 500D and personally I wish I would have gone with nauticam, although I dont think the housing was available when I made my purchase.

     

    Woops, I got my brands mixed up, it was the Aquatica I was referring to not Nauticam, I havent looked into Nauticam housings...

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.