Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Scratched INON UFL-165AD

Started by DryDuck ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Scratched INON UFL-165AD

4 posts
  1. Hi

     

    On my last trip to the Red Sea I managed to put a large scratch in my INON UFL165AD :)

     

    Any advice as to how best to remove it will be greatly appreciated.

     

    post-26537-1323778113.jpg

     

    My local INON "pusher" wants 330 Euros to repair it which I find quite steep.

     

     

    /DryDuck

  2. Hi

     

    On my last trip to the Red Sea I managed to put a large scratch in my INON UFL165AD :)

     

    Any advice as to how best to remove it will be greatly appreciated.

     

    post-26537-1323778113.jpg

     

    My local INON "pusher" wants 330 Euros to repair it which I find quite steep.

     

     

    /DryDuck

     

    You can try http://www.novuspolish.com/

     

    I did once to repair my UFL. But it was time consuming to repeat 1,2,3 until the surface was acceptable.

  3. You could also try micromesh paper.

     

    I scratched mine (not as badly as yours!) and fixed it using micromesh paper (bought on ebay) followed by the polish suggested in the previous post.

     

    Worked perfectly, it took a bit of elbow grease but it now looks as good as new.

     

    There might be some kind of optical coating that gets sacrificed (anti-glare maybe?) but can't say I've noticed any difference.

     

    With a scratch that deep I think you're going to have to use the sandpaper - its scary at first because the whole thing becomes opaque, but miraculously as you progress to the finer grades it becomes perfectly clear.

     

    Info here:

     

    http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/underwat...ing-maintenance

     

    http://www.wadivers.com.au/forums/viewtopi...?f=6&t=5902

     

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...=8698&st=80

  4. Hi,

    i also use Micromesh and it works very good. It takes a few hours to repair the scratches but its worth.

     

    Conny

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.