Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Side-by-side specs comparison: D100, D70, 300D

Started by herbko ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Side-by-side specs comparison: D100, D70, 300D

7 posts
  1. Side-by-side specs comparison: D100, D70, 300D

    http://www.digitalreview.ca/cams/NikonD70_page5.shtml

     

    The D70 looks very good. Equal or better than the D100 in almost every respect. I think this will force Canon to put the missing features back in the 300D.

  2. ...Film transport :) :wink: :)

  3. Thanks Herb, we can only hope Canon has already considered this. :roll:

  4. What do y'all think the chances are of using TTL with the d70? I was planning to go with the 300d, especially after Aquatica announced their housing will do TTL. Now the d70 looks better than the dRebel, but maybe TTL will tip it over? Opinions?

  5. I think it will be some time until i-TTL is deciphered. It just hit the streets last month with the D2H and from what I understand it is quite advanced.

     

    Cheers

    James

  6. Agreed. It's taken long enough for one company to (allegedly) sort out eTTL.

    Note that the new Canon 1D uses a new flash algorythm (eTTL2). Future Canon DSLR cameras are likely to use this, so I'm not sure if this will work with the current and pending developments in eTTL housings.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.