Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Kenko with 60 mm lens

Started by Garrethe ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Kenko with 60 mm lens

10 posts
  1. I was in the process of adding a Kenko 1.4 to my setup. I have a Nikon d7000 and using a Nikon 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Micro-Nikkor Lens. I have had 1 person tell me the Kenko can not be used with this lens and 1 person tell me it can. Looking for some guidance before I move ahead. BTW the person who told me it couldn't said the Kenko works well with the old style 60mm lens just not with the new 60 mm lens. Thanks

  2. Can't answer your question but I have a 2.0 kento I could try for you.

  3. I dont have the 1.4x, but can tell you that a kenko pro 2x on the 60mm AFS doesnt work for autofocus capability- it does manually focus and that is what I do with it whenever I use it.

  4. I was in the process of adding a Kenko 1.4 to my setup. I have a Nikon d7000 and using a Nikon 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Micro-Nikkor Lens. I have had 1 person tell me the Kenko can not be used with this lens and 1 person tell me it can. Looking for some guidance before I move ahead. BTW the person who told me it couldn't said the Kenko works well with the old style 60mm lens just not with the new 60 mm lens. Thanks

    The Nikkor 60 mm AF-D does work with the older 1.4 PRO. There is a WP thread on this.

    Bob

    Edited by Deep6
  5. That is correct: both kenkos 1.4x and 2.0x work with the older 60mm AF-D but not with the new 60mm AF-S (they do not autofocus).

  6. Am I correct in thinking that if you add an extension tube they will autofocus with the new 60mm AF-S?

  7. Am I correct in thinking that if you add an extension tube they will autofocus with the new 60mm AF-S?

     

    With the Canon lens yes.

     

    I have used the Kenko 1.4X TC on a D90 with the 60mm AF-S and it really struggles to reliably AF. Not impossible

    to use on static subjects but far from desirable. Just a stop gap for me really. Pygmy Squid taken with said combo.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  8. With the Canon lens yes.

     

    I have used the Kenko 1.4X TC on a D90 with the 60mm AF-S and it really struggles to reliably AF. Not impossible

    to use on static subjects but far from desirable. Just a stop gap for me really. Pygmy Squid taken with said combo.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

     

    Great shot Jim! :)

  9. Great shot Jim! :)

     

    Cheers Gavin, it was a devil to get a focus lock on it but made the dive for me.

     

    I certainly wouldn't recommend using the 1.4x Kenko TC on the Nikon 60mm AFS but it can

    work albeit in a unreliable manner. It was a matter of using single servo then doing a rock

    and release method.

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  10. Hello this is my first posting and I am trying to combine my Tokina 10-17 with a Kenko 1.4 teleconverter as well. I will put it into a seperate topic so not to intrude on this one

    thanks

    jimj

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.