Just thought I would share the results of converting (PAL) 1920/1080 25p to 1920/1080 24p for NTSC Blu-Ray.
After trying many different ways with commercial encoders, all ended up just basically frame blending to get the end result or there would be frame judder as it played.
I then for fun ran the 25p PAL file through a little FREE open source program called "Virtual Dub" and the end results are very good indeed.
Its very fast too and on my old PC here it nearly was real time.
Your audio is out of wack and it will need to be tweaked to fit in again but the 25p to 24p is wonderful.
All I did was place the files back in a 24p timeline, ungroup the Audio and Video then set the audio speed at 96% and it all lined up again.
Virtual dub only runs on Windows ![]()