Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Greenland Sharks

Started by johnjvv ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Greenland Sharks

8 posts
  1. WTH are they doing with laser pointers underwater?

     

    Apparently Inon Z 220 has a built in laser pointer option...it seems like there is still a remnant of this on the 240's but not working (or I dont know what the little flip thing is on the strobe face).

     

    These guys sell an underwater laser point....think I know what I want for Christmas now!!! :)

     

    http://www.betapointer.com/diver.htm

  2. The video is even more interesting...until the last sequence. WTH are they doing with laser pointers underwater?

     

    I remember seeing a guy on a show trying to measure big crocodiles with laser pointers, I think they are trying to do the same with the shark.

    Unfortunately, you need to know the angle between the laser and the subject or the measurement will be inaccurate.

  3. These guys are the reason for the decline of seal populations in Spitsbergen. Apparently their very well developed smell lets them sneak up on sleeping seals at night.

     

    I have them in a fjord a few hours from here but way to deep for a dive. They cant tolerate temperatures much above freezing and will not venture shallow enough here.... to bad ;-(

     

    Cheers,

    Espen

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    I saw this article and never knew these existed!! Pretty cool pictures...

     

     

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-20...les-camera.html

  4. Hmmnnn...

     

    ... just remember that the Daily Mail doesn't seem to think that global warming is real and does seem to believe that anyone with an interest in the environment is three-quarters of the way to being a Communist!

     

    A pinch of salt is sometimes required...

     

    Tim

     

    :)

  5. There was a programme on national geographic channel called predator csi: Corksrew seal killer anout these sharks that was worth a look. Mark

  6. Im wondering how on earth with those small mouths those sharks can eat anything but small fish.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.