Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Functional Waterproof iphone 4s Case

Started by mrmishkin ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Functional Waterproof iphone 4s Case

7 posts
  1. Anyone have any experience with a waterproof iphone case? I am not expecting to dive with, just keep it top side for surface intervals, phone calls, snapshots, web browsing. Also plan on using it for sailing and skiing.

     

    I found a few cases that fit the bill:

     

    The PaleKai $40 Seems to have good reviews on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-iPhone-Ca...e/dp/B005DNO6GI

     

    The lifeproof $80 Very sleek, Mixed reviews, but more functional http://www.lifeproof.com/

     

    "The bags" ewa marine etc..

     

    Any comments or user experience would be appreciated

  2. I've been using the lifeproof case for a couple months and highly recommend it. Doesn't add to much bulk, its really rugged, and all of the phone controls are still functional. The external speaker actually seems to sound better too when the phone is in the case.

    Edited by ripple
  3. I have a real habit of either dropping my camera in the ocean, or jumping into the water with my phone in my pocket. Will the lifeproof save my iphone in the future?

  4. I have a real habit of either dropping my camera in the ocean, or jumping into the water with my phone in my pocket. Will the lifeproof save my iphone in the future?

     

    It certainly looks that way. If it doesn't sink....

  5. hi, I am new thinking about buying a new "everyday" case so that i can acces the headphone jack in the car, and charge it every night without having to remove the case. And I will use this case only for the beach or snowboarding.

     

    Hobert Brun

  6. Hi...

     

    I have the Magellan ToughCase , But it won't work that well with the iPhone 4,

    It does however work very well with the iPod.

     

    It's waterproof to iPX7, Even boosts the battery life with a built in battery and has GPS technology.

     

    Thanks & Regards

    Cira Hendsbee

     

    _____________

    iPhone 4 Cases

  7. So I picked up a lifeproof case. I actually had to return the first one due to a small manufacturing defect where the membrane sealed against the bottom. It still tested as being waterproof, but for $80 I want one that doesn't have a defect. I got it from best buy and used a 10% off coupon. Seems really nice, and actually comes with a waterproof headphone jack. It'll be nice to be able to listen some tunes at the beach and not worry about sand or water. Photos seem unaffected, although the screen has a membrane over it that does seem to easily pick up oils from the hand. I'm happy with my purchase and it seems to afford a level or protection over the otterbox defender while still being sleeker.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.