Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Leak tester for my Aquatica UVhousing

Started by Nextwo ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Leak tester for my Aquatica UVhousing

5 posts
  1. Then I finished my new project. Made my self a leak tester for my Aquatica UVhousing.

    post-19108-1324157032.jpg

    post-19108-1324157040.jpg

    post-19108-1324157050.jpg

    post-19108-1324157057.jpg

    post-19108-1324157064.jpg

    post-19108-1324157072.jpg

    post-19108-1324157078.jpg

    post-19108-1324157086.jpg

  2. Looks great, does the swagelok fitting have a stand NPT thread or did you have to use an adapter?

  3. Looks great, does the swagelok fitting have a stand NPT thread or did you have to use an adapter?

     

    It have an orginal NPT thread on it.

  4. Now I just have to figure out what thread my Subal has. It has an unused bulkhead, sure would be nice to know it won't leak before I dunk it.

    How much vacuum do you pull when testing it? and do you plan to leave it at vacuum when diving?

    Thanks!

  5. Now I just have to figure out what thread my Subal has. It has an unused bulkhead, sure would be nice to know it won't leak before I dunk it.

    How much vacuum do you pull when testing it? and do you plan to leave it at vacuum when diving?

    Thanks!

     

    I can get it up to -0,5 bar(-7,5 Psi). Then I leave it about 10-20 min to see if it drops. If you leave about -0,1 bar then you can't get it apart, nice to have when you put the rig through the splash zone.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.