Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Photoshop games

Started by tdpriest ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

Photoshop games

16 posts
  1. A prize-winning friend has been playing with the Glowing Edges filter in Photoshop. I thought that I'd try it:

     

     

    post-4522-1324220848.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1324221322.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1324220864.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1324220874.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1324221366.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1324220884.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1324220894.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1324220902.jpg

     

     

    Any comments?

     

    Tim

     

    :)

    Edited by tdpriest
  2. I would call it photoshop art rather than underwater photography. the nautilus is nice though.

  3. Tim

     

    Looks like you are practising for the EMUP February Competition - Photoshop gone crazy!!

     

    Having said that I like these especially the No3 the forward facing shark. Would make a really wall picture

     

    All the best

     

    Gordon

  4. I think this is an excellent idea with great potential! Of this group I like the Nautilus the most. As a series in the right environment these could be very effective.

    The first 4 could be criticized for being nothing more than line drawings, but maybe trying to merge some layers with the originals may be effective so that they look more like photographs - just some thoughts.

    Edited by loftus
  5. What fun, I like it. Thanks for pointing out the technique.

  6. I think the effect on the seahorse is really cool, and the face on shark would be great on the wall in extra large.

     

    Did you have problems isolating the subject from the background? Can you show us a couple of the original photos that these came from?

  7. I like them. Like the hammer and seahorse, best.

     

    Alex

  8. Can you show us a couple of the original photos that these came from?

     

    post-4522-1324561326.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1324561337.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1324561346.jpg

     

     

    post-4522-1324561353.jpg

     

     

    Tim

     

    :)

  9. Awesome. It's interesting the different requirements for photos to be transformed into another type of art as opposed to photos to be appreciated as is.

  10. I really like the shark shots. They would look magic on a wall.

  11. Very nice. An excellent use of technology for a "change of pace" shot.

  12. very creative. I like #3 the forward facing shark and the sea horse. great idea, thanks for sharing!

  13. I am no expert in Photoshop as I rarely take photos and have always stuck to video. However, these edge lines/ cartoon filters have been part of video NLEs for a great many years. I really don't see them used very much but you did a great job with them. An idea for T shirt productions.

    Steve

  14. Maybe the seahorse, manta ray & shark could be the next wetpixel shirt logo?

  15. Very nice, I especially love picture below seahorse! Must try this filter...

  16. Looks like you are practising for the EMUP February Competition - Photoshop gone crazy!!

     

    Yes...

     

    ... I made the mistake of making a serious image, and someone won with humourous jiggery-pokery!

     

    Tim

     

    :D

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.