A friend shows me this photo in fb....said it is Goby, I said Jaw fish...
Can someone help....

Read-only discussion
A friend shows me this photo in fb....said it is Goby, I said Jaw fish...
Can someone help....

It's a goby, note the fused pelvic fins. Do you have any other photos for a species ID?A friend shows me this photo in fb....said it is Goby, I said Jaw fish...Can someone help....
Goby for sure. Location would help ID.
Goby for sure. Location would help ID.
Thanks to all. It was taken in Raja Ampat, Indonesia. Unfortunately, no other photos.
They are gobies without a doubt - Cryptocentrus sp. There are several similar species with variable colours so it will be difficult to pin these down I think. Reef Fish of the Tropical Pacific has what looks like a good match on P307. Also have a look at C. fasciatus, the Y-bar Shrimpgoby on Fishbase - http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/speciesSum...sname=fasciatus
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.